Dexion racking is manufactured to the highest quality and is designed to give you years of use. But racking can get damaged or misaligned, making it a danger to both your staff and your business.
The constant loading and unloading of pallets can compromise the strength, stability and integrity of any storage system which is why they need to be inspected regularly for signs of wear and tear.
- Prevent damage to people or goods
- Extend the life span of facilities
- Minimise future repair costs by discovering risks early
- Offer a speedy repair service
Regular Rack inspections are not only sound business practice, they are also a legal requirement:
All companies are legally obliged to ensure their employees work in a safe environment with safe equipment. The legislation and guidance that covers this includes:
- The Workplace, Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations 1992 – Maintenance of workplace, and of equipment, devices and systems
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Section 2
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- The HSE Warehouse and storage safety guide HS (G) 76
Failure to comply can cause serious personal injury and even death of operatives, reduced productivity and lead to:
- Expensive and disruptive legal proceedings
- Higher insurance premiums
- Damage to reputation
Our Rack Inspection service provides a comprehensive audit of your beams, uprights, frame bracing, floor fixings and lock-in clips. As the inspections are carried out in typical operational conditions, the inspectors also check that it is fit for purpose. At the end, they issue a report on any damage, and provide advice on how it can be fixed.
The report you will receive uses the traffic light system:
- Green: items with negligible damage that is safe to use.
- Amber: Damage that needs repairs but does not require immediate off-loading.
- Red: Severe damage that requires the rack to be off-loaded immediately and isolated from use.
We offer Annual and Weekly inspections.
Annual Rack Inspection service.
- Comprehensive professional inspection
- Certified and experienced inspectors
- No interruption to operations
- Detailed inspection report
- Independent expert to assess equipment
- Reminder of when next inspection is due
- Support between visits
- Load signs for each rack stating its maximum capacity.
Weekly Inspection service.
In addition to the annual inspections, weekly visual inspections are required. These must be carried out by a competent person. We can provide this service or train your own staff to do this.